Switching to Three Mobile

If you are looking to switch to one of the deals from Three Mobile, then the process is quick, simple and pain-free.

Firstly, you need to request your PAC, or Port Authorisation Code, from your previous/current mobile network provider. You will need to tell them you want to switch, and they will almost certainly try to keep you; this is standard practice, and is known as sales retention.

You will probably be offered some incentives to stay, but if you have made your mind up to switch to Three then make that clear and request the PAC. Your provider is obliged to give it to you under the terms of Ofcom’s ‘General Conditions of Entitlement’ (2003), so it shouldn’t be a problem. Just so you know, your PAC will be nine digits long, and is 100% free to obtain.

You should also ensure that you won’t be in breach of your contract; if you want to leave a contract early your provider will probably throw in an early release fee, which could be equivalent to the remainder of your contract, and therefore a massive waste of money.

Once you’re sure that you can switch, and you have the all-important PAC, you can give Three a call and tell them that you want to switch your number from your old mobile onto your new one. You can call Three on 333 from your Three mobile, or 0843 373 3333 from a landline (charges will apply). It may take a couple of days for the number to transfer, but usually no longer.

If you are switching from Three Pay As You Go to Three Pay Monthly or vice versa, then no PAC is needed as you are not switching networks. Simply give Three a call to let them know what you want to do.

Need help choosing the best deal? Call us free on 0800 358 7278